Please give today to support YOUR home for the circus arts – Circus Center!
Throughout the year, Circus Center produces several low-cost, free, or pay-what-you-can community shows starring our talented students (see what's coming up on the Mainstage page), and a full season of professional Cabaret shows starring Madame Leanne Borghesi, the jazz stylings of The Roger Glen Trio, and the best of our local professional circus and variety talent. More info and tickets about The Circus Center Cabaret here.
Our training programs include Clown Conservatory, the United States’ only professional training program for clowns and physical comedians, San Francisco Youth Circus, a pre-professional performance troupe for youth, and dozens of adult and youth recreational classes every week in a wide variety of circus disciplines, all taught by world-renowned coaches.
In partnership with a school for children with learning differences, we developed an inclusive outreach program to make the joy of circus arts accessible to children of all abilities. Read about Circus Center and Open Mind School's collaboration here.
WHAT YOUR DONATION SUPPORTS
Your tax-deductible contribution enables Circus Center to:
- Offer world-class instruction & diverse training options at an affordable price in the face of rising operating costs
- Develop & produce a season of free, low-cost, and Pay-What-You-Can shows
- Maintain & improve our historic facility & specialized equipment
- Offer more financial aid for our talented youth trainees
- Create more paid performance opportunities for local professional circus artists & technicians
- Expand our social circus and community programs
- See our blog for specific examples of how your contributions have made a difference during our past fundraising campaigns: New Net and Equipment Campaign, Show Love, Building Up
JOIN THE PRODUCER'S CIRCLE
Become a patron of The Circus Center Cabaret and enjoy special perks, including priority ticket registration, special ticket packages, free drinks, and more. Learn more about Producer's Circle and become a member here.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO RUN A CIRCUS AND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER?
- Tuition currently covers 85% of our operating budget.
- Grants, individual giving, and ticket sales cover the remaining 15%.
- More contributed income means Circus Center can make circus affordable and accessible to more and more people.
- People! Fully 3/4 of our annual budget goes to pay the faculty, admin staff, and artists who make all of our programs possible.
- Maintenance & Operations! It may not be very glamorous, but keeping the engine running and our historic building in good shape takes time and resources.
- Shows! Producing our Cabaret and community shows is one of our true joys, and we spend money to make every show better than the last.
Thank you for supporting Circus Center, and the circus and performing arts in San Francisco!