- No Refunds: Circus Center does not offer refunds in most cases. In the rare event that a refund is issued at the discretion of a manager, we reserve the right to charge a 10% or $25 processing fee.
- No Transferring Services: Switching classes/programs or trading spots with other students on rosters or waitlists is not permitted.
- Discounted Services: If you have purchased services from Circus Center at a discount, Circus Center is unable to make any extensions, substitutions, or refunds for that purchase.
- Expiration Dates: All services have expiration dates, see details below or inquire prior to purchase.
- All services must be paid for in full at the time of booking, with the exception of our year-long programs including Clown Conservatory and the Youth Pre-Professional program
- Account Credit: Circus Center account credit never expires and can be used on any services and products with the exception of show tickets. Circus Center account credit cannot be refunded as cash, a credit card credit or a check. Account credit refers to a dollar amount balance on the student’s Circus Center account, or to dollar amount gift cards/certificates. Any class credit or service that is purchased is not “account credit.”
- All persons entering the building for any reason other than observation must fill out our General Liability Release form. Minors’ forms must have the signature of their parent or legal guardian. You can fill out the form at the Front Desk, or you can fill out the form here, print it, fill it out and sign it, and bring it with you when you come for your class or event.
- Circus Center’s programming schedule is subject to change without notice, and facilities may be closed for certain days or weeks, including, but not limited to, holidays and special events.
- Any questions about, or request for exceptions to any of the policies can be sent to email@example.com. Policy exceptions are rare and decided on a case-by-case basis.
Students ages 16 and up can enroll in Adult Recreational classes through session enrollment or on a drop-in basis. Our adult recreational programming has four sessions per year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
This method of registration allows a student to reserve a spot in the same weekly class at the lowest price point and in advance of open enrollment. A student must enroll in all dates of the session.
- Make Up Policy: Session-enrolled students are permitted one make up class per class per session for any reason. To claim this credit, the student must contact the front desk either before the missed class or within a week from the date of the missed class. The Make up credit can be used for any class in the same price tier or in a lower price tier. Make up credits are good for 30 days from the date of the request, or until the end of the session- whichever is longer. Circus Center cannot guarantee class availability for use of the make up credit. We do not need to see medical documentation or any other document in order to grant the one time make up credit, and under no circumstances are more than one make up credit granted per student per session class.
- If Circus Center must cancel a class in which you are session enrolled, you will automatically be granted a credit within 24 hours of the canceled class. The credit will be available for use for 30 days or until the end of the session, whichever is longer
- Medical Withdrawal: If a medical situation arises which will prevent the student from participating for the rest of a session, Circus Center will credit 50% of the remaining pro-rated tuition to the student’s Circus Center account for future use. A medical doctor's note is required for medical withdrawal, it should specify the initial date of injury/illness.
Drop In Enrollment
This method of registration allows a student to use individual class credits to register for individual dates of a class. Drop in enrollment is paid for with class credits that can be purchased individually or in 5 or 10-packs for a discounted price.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel fewer than 24 hours before the start of class or are a no-show for a class, you forfeit your class credit. This is a “Late Cancel.” If you cancel a class more than 24 hours before the start of class, you retain your class credit, with its original expiration date. This is an “Early Cancel.” Please note, any time you cancel yourself out of a class (early or late), you will receive a confirmation email and/or text message. If you do not receive a confirmation, your attempt to cancel was unsuccessful, and you are still considered enrolled in the class. If you are unable to successfully cancel on your own, please contact the Student Services Team immediately for assistance.
- Illness/Injury: in the event that a medically-documented illness or injury prevents you from attending class, please contact the front desk to cancel your enrollment. If it is more than 24hrs before the class, you can “early cancel” and retain your class credit, no doctor’s note is needed. If it is fewer than 24 hours before the class or up to 1 week after the class has occurred, then you may submit a doctor’s note in order to have the credit reinstated. It will maintain its original expiration date.
- In the event that Circus Center cancels a class, your class credit will be automatically returned to your account. This credit will maintain the original expiration date. In rare cases, an expiration extension will be granted, inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Recreational class credits can be applied to less expensive classes, ie a Tier C credit can pay for a Tier B or Tier A class, and a Tier B credit can pay for a Tier A class.
Unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, from the date of sale, all adult recreational class credits must be taken within:
- Single Class: one month
- 5-Pack: three months
- 10-Pack: six months
- 20-Pack: six months
If a student has not arrived in class within the first 15 minutes of class, they will not be admitted into the class for any reason. Waitlisted students will be permitted to take the class if space becomes available due to late students.
Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late are marked as a “late cancel” and the credit is forfeited.
It is necessary to “opt-in” for emails on your MindBody account to use the waitlist feature for classes.
An email will be automatically sent to the email address on your account when you are added to a class from the waitlist. Please keep this information correct and make sure to add email@example.com to accepted addresses in your email to ensure your notification. You may choose to respond to this e-mail, accepting or declining your space on the roster.
By utilizing the waitlist feature, you are agreeing to cover the cost of any class in which you are registered. You can be automatically enrolled in the class from the waitlist until 24hrs before the start of class so if you are on one or more waitlists, please monitor your email. If you place yourself on a Waitlist, it is your responsibility to check on your status, and remove yourself if you are unable to attend the class.
You will not be automatically added to the waitlist if a space becomes available less than 24 hours prior to class start time. Please feel free to check class roster or contact front desk to see if last minutes spaces have become available.
These policies are in effect whether you have been “confirmed” from the waitlist or not- this means that once you are dropped into a class and notified, we do not need any further confirmation from you that you will take the class.
If a student has available credits in their account, MindBody will allow them to register for a waitlist without purchasing a credit. If a student does not have available credits, they will be prompted to purchase a credit. If you do not wish to purchase a credit, please contact the front desk who will put you on the waitlist for no charge. If you do purchase a credit but do not get into the class, that credit will remain available on your account until its expiration date.
In addition to the minimum age requirement of 16, many adult recreational classes at Circus Center have skill prerequisites. In order to receive approval, please indicate for which classes you would like to be approved and send training or performance videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos should be 2-4 minutes long and ideally show the student moving through skills (ie not just a backbend, but the student getting into and getting out of the backbend, not just a drop on tissu, but the student preparing for the drop).
Alternatively, attend the intro level class to request approval from that instructor (e.g. Intro to Acrobatics, Intro to Mixed Aerials, Aerial Conditioning, Stretching, etc).
Family Pack Sharing
Members of the same immediate family (parent, spouse/partner, child, sibling) may share adult rec class packs and credits. They may not share session enrollments or any other services. To confirm that your accounts are properly set up for sharing, please contact the front desk. Sharing credits does not mean that one family member can register for a class but then another family member can attend in his/her place.
Youth Recreational class enrollment is for a full session. In some instances an exception may be made to accept a student during the course of an already in progress session, please contact the front desk to inquire. An enrollment is for ONE child attending one specific class each week.
Students wishing to try a single date of a class prior to enrolling for the session can contact email@example.com to request pricing and availability for a trial class.
Make Up Classes
There are no make-ups for classes that the student misses for any reason. If Circus Center has to cancel a date of a class, the student will receive a pro-rated refund.
If a medical situation arises which will prevent the student from participating for the remainder of a Recreational Youth Session, Circus Center will credit 50% of the remaining pro-rated tuition to the student's Circus Center account for future use. We cannot credit any classes that occurred prior to being notified in writing that the child will withdraw. A medical doctor's note is required for medical withdrawal, but can be received after Circus Center is initially notified of the withdrawal.
No “stacking” of discounts or promotions. Only one discount or promotion can be applied to a purchase.
Discounts cannot be applied to enrollments purchased using certificates from schools and libraries.
Late Arrival and Late Pick-Up Policies
Students arriving late to class will be admitted, but may be restricted from participating in some activities for safety reasons.
Students must be picked up by a legal guardian immediately upon the conclusion of the class. After a 5 minute grace period, Circus Center reserves the right to charge a $10 late fee for each 5 minutes that the student remains onsite without a guardian.
Receipt Requests for Reimbursement Purposes
If our standard receipts will not work for your needs, we will make every effort to provide the type of receipt you request. Please submit via email all the specific details and information required on the receipt, and we will respond within 10 days with a suitable receipt. If that receipt does not work for you and we included all of your requested details, we reserve the right to charge a $25 administrative fee to process a second receipt.
See registration paperwork for the most updated and detailed policies. In general all tuition installments paid are non-refundable.
See registration paperwork for the most updated and detailed policies. In general all tuition installments paid are non-refundable.
All workshop sales are final, non-refundable, non transferable, and not eligible for medical exemptions/withdrawal.
Students who arrive late may not be admitted to workshops. Please review the late policy in the description of the specific workshop to determine if late students will be accepted. Refunds will not be given in the case that a student is denied entry due to late arrival.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
After scheduling a private lesson, a student may cancel the lesson up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time of the lesson. The private lesson credit is returned to the student’s account for future use. The credit retains its original expiration date. The credit is not eligible for a cash or credit refund.
Cancellations made fewer than 48 hours before the start time of the lesson will result in a forfeit of the credit, regardless of the time that the lesson was scheduled.
Private Lesson Discounts
With instructor permission, a student may purchase a private lesson 10-pack for a 10% discount. All credits on a 10 pack are for use by the same student, with the same instructor, for lessons of the same length and with the same number of students (ie private vs. semi-private).
Single credit- 1 month from date of purchase
10-pack- 6 months from date of purchase
Cancellation and Rescheduling:
Purchased weeks of camp cannot be rescheduled for another date. Those interested in changing dates of attendance should observe the cancellation policy below, and rebook accordingly.
Greater than 2 months before the first day of camp: You are entitled to a full refund of your payment, less a $25 processing fee, for any changes or cancellations made greater than 2 months in advance of the first day of the camp week you want to change or cancel.
Between 2 months and 1 month before the first day of camp: You are entitled to a 50% refund, less a $25 processing fee per week per camper.
Less than 1 month before the first day of camp: No refund is available. At your request, we will convert your unused Camp registration fees into a tax-deductible donation to Circus Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, to be used for future Camp scholarships.
Cancelling aftercare prior to the associated week of camp will result in a 50% REFUND. Aftercare is non-refundable once the week of camp has begun.
In the case of illness/injury, all the above policies will still apply, there are no refunds or make ups offered in the case of illness/injury.
Late Pick Up Policies:
Camp ends at 3:00pm. Students who are not staying for Aftercare must be picked up between 3:00 and 3:20 pm. If you cannot pick up your child by 3:20pm, please sign up for Aftercare in advance. In order to facilitate pickups, the students will be waiting on Frederick Street in front of our building with a camp instructor, so you will not need to park. If for some reason you do not make it by 3:20pm, your child will be taken back into the building to join Aftercare, and we will try to reach you. If you do not pick up your child by 3:20 pm you will be charged an additional $20 for Aftercare, regardless of the reason.
By 5:30 pm, our instructors have worked a full, long day, and it’s time for them to clock out and go home. We therefore strictly enforce the following policy: for every 5 minutes that each child remains in our care after 5:30, we charge a $10 late pickup fee.
Please submit party requests at least 2 weeks prior to the desired date to allow time for booking and processing. Specific instructors may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. Parties and events are NOT booked until we receive your deposit. Final payment will be processed no sooner than 3 days prior to your booking. All booking and payments are processed by our Party and Events coordinator. Parties and events booked after normal Circus Center facility times may be subject to additional fees. All participants must sign a waiver in order to participate. Insurance prohibits any additional persons to participate in activities outside of the reservation, including parents. The minimum age for all parties and events is 7 years old.
Circus activities occur during the booked party and event time. Food and drink are not recommended during activity time. All parties and events come with an additional 30-minute booking in our bleacher area for food, drink, etc. Booking available upon request, please let our Party and Event Coordinator know if you would like to take advantage of this offer at no additional charge!
Cancellations made more than 30 business days before the event will incur a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations made 10-30 business days prior to the event incur a fee of 10% of the total event cost. Cancellations made 3-9 business days prior to the event incur a fee of 50% of the total event cost. No refund is given when a cancellation is made within 72 hours of the event.
Rescheduling and other Adjustments
Adjustments to the size of your party must be made 5 days prior to the scheduled event date to prorate the total cost.
We will accommodate movement of reservation dates when possible. Reschedules made more than 30 business days in advance incur a $25 rescheduling fee. Rescheduling made 10 – 30 days in advance incur a 10% rescheduling fee. Rescheduling made 9 business days prior to your event or closer incur a fee of 50% of the event total.
Behavior and Personal Conduct
Circus Center promotes tolerance, respect, and positivity at all times. Circus Center’s primary goal is ensuring a safe environment in which all members of the community may enjoy circus arts. Any individual who denies others the right to safe, respectful enjoyment of Circus Center’s facilities and offerings may be denied access to the facility and have any memberships or class reservations revoked (a pro-rated refund will be made for unused service fees). In extreme cases, such as those culminating in verbal or written complaints to Circus Center staff, an individual may be prohibited from entering Circus Center indefinitely. Such prohibition will be at the sole discretion of Circus Center management.
Circus Center is committed to encouraging and sustaining a learning and work community that is free from prohibited discrimination and harassment. Circus Center prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, employment, or any other Circus Center program or activity.